- Category 5e UTP
- Designed for Indoor Installations
- PVC Jacket (CMP) Plenum
- 350MHz High Performance Data Cable
- Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- 24AWG Solid Copper Conductors
- Exceeds ANSI/TIA-568C.2
- ETL Listed, RoHS Compliant, TAA Compliant
- Supplied in 100ft. Increments
Plenum (CMP Rated)
Plenum is a hidden space within a building which is used for HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) Plenum cable is coated with a fire-retardant coating.
Plenum cable must not burn easily and must not emit toxic fumes when exposed to extreme heat. Because of these requirements, plenum cable is more expensive than non-plenum cable.
Solid or Stranded?
Solid Cable is recommended for all horizontal runs, between wiring closets, and for lengths over 25 feet. Maximum recommended length is 100 meters (328 feet).
Stranded Cable is built to withstand the repeated flexing, common in PC to wall plate applications, without damage to inner conductors. Because of higher attenuation, it is recommended for short runs of 25 feet or less.