CAT6 Shielded Plenum Rated
With voice, data, video and security capabilities, our Cat6 550Mhz Bulk Cable is ideal for your network installation. Whether you are wiring your home, office or entire campus, we have the solution that is right for you. Meets and exceeds Cat6 standard requirements.
- High-Performance Data Communications Cable for Noisy Environment
- Suitable for 550MHz Gigabit Data Applications
- Designed for Indoor Installations, (CMP) Plenum
- Category-6 Shielded Twisted Pair (F/UTP) Cable
- 4-Pair Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- 23AWG Solid Bare Copper Conductors
- Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
- Exceeds ANSI/TIA 568.2-D, ISO/IEC-11801
- UL Listed, RoHS Compliant, TAA Compliant
- Supplied in 1000ft Wooden Spool
Shielded cable is used in environments were extra protection from outside interference is needed. This can be heavy machinery, transformers, generators or other equipment that has a high degree of EMI. (Electro Magnetic Interference)
What is Plenum?
Plenum (CMP Rated) Plenum is a hidden space within a building which is used for HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) Plenum cable is coated with a fire-retardant coating.
Plenum cable must not burn easily and must not emit toxic fumes when exposed to extreme heat. Because of these requirements, plenum cable is more expensive than non-plenum cable.
Solid or Stranded?
Solid Cable is recommended for all horizontal runs, between wiring closets, and for lengths over 25 feet. Maximum recommended length is 100 meters (328 feet).
Stranded Cable is built to withstand the repeated flexing, common in PC to wall plate applications, without damage to inner conductors. Because of higher attenuation it is recommended for short runs of 25 feet or less.